Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Enough already!

The sewing room is back in order and even better than before. I went all Marie Kondo on it!
If you don't know who Marie is, you should!!! I gave her book to my daughter and it changed her life (her closet, anyway).

I got rid of a few books and reorganized the rest by subject.



I hung all my Threads magazines by their spines over hanging file folders in my file cabinet. Threads is the only magazine I keep after I have read it. If I know I'm going to have some time to kill somewhere I'll take an old Threads with me and I can guarantee I will see something new even though I've already read the magazine once or even twice before. Storing them like this is nice too because you can easily read the contents on the spines.



And I took out all my fabric friends, we snuggled a bit, then I refolded them so they are upright in the drawers.  A piece of fabric may be neatly removed by sliding two file folders on either side of the target. No more rooting around in tangled nasty piles.



I know I am in the minority here, but I never work on more than one project at a time and I usually tidy up between projects. Plus, if a project goes south, I put it out of my mind and my sewing room right away and just move on.

Am I the only sewer who doesn't believe in UFOs?

1 comment:

  1. You're the only one I know without UFO's. I don't understand it, but I do admire it!

    ReplyDelete