Sunday, March 30, 2014

Quite possibly the easiest dress ever.

I needed dress to wear to a baby shower last weekend and after much gut-grinding as to what pattern to use I settled on this one: Simplicity 3566.  I have made the blouse version of this quite a few times but this is the first time for the dress. With only 3 pattern pieces, it can easily be cut out and sewn in one evening.





I used to have a Vogue pattern that was very similar to this except it was cut entirely on the bias. Only the upper bodice of this pattern is bias. I changed the bodice pattern piece to the way the Vogue one was designed. Even less fabric used:


Simplicity on the left, Vogue on the right
I found putting a zipper in this top or dress totally unnecessary. Even quicker!

The only thing: It was only 23 degrees out-- sleeves would have been nice too!





1 comment:

  1. Looks great on you, and sounds an easy one to whip up ... J

    ReplyDelete