Monday, April 8, 2013

Flappin' in the breeze: Vogue 7914



I made up this pattern up once many years ago. I have in my mind this very fond memory of wearing it on one of the first nice days of spring. My husband and I went out for lunch and then to a bookstore to browse, or as I call it:  "read magazines for free." The fabric was this interesting, very drapey, black and white weave, and it had these really cool black and white buttons. I remember especially how the tails flapped in the breeze. At some point I got rid of it but kept the pattern.
I decided to make another. I sewed it all mostly together and tried it on and guess what? This thing is just ugky!! I was a much less experienced sewer then and I was also 20 pounds heavier. Maybe it suited me better or maybe I was just crazy. I don't know! Its a hot mess. There will be no photos.
I wonder what made me hang onto this pattern for so long when I know its just isn't right for me. I'm usually not a particularly sentimental person, by my judgement was certainly clouded by the memory of that beautiful afternoon.

I need to create a new memory!

1 comment:

  1. Keep the memory and go for a figure flattering new piece. You deserve to look great with your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete