Friday, February 22, 2013

I made a blimp!!



Really, that's what this thing is called. Its a sound dampening cover for a 16mm Bolex film camera. This is a pretty Old School camera and it's loud. It needs to be shrouded in sound proof material so external mics can't hear it.
It has openings for the tripod boot, the eyepiece and the lens. There's elastic to snug it around the lens. I put a zipper in it for easy on, easy off that can be left partially open to access the handle. The motor makes the camera somewhat asymmetrical so I did an FBA on one side to accommodate the motor.
If you need one of these too, please write your name on the back of a $100 bill and your address on another and send them to me. I'll get started right away!
Happy Birthday to my favorite filmmaker, Paul!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment