Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On the fence


I am underwhelmed by how this shirt for my husband turned out. As Supreme Despotic Ruler of the Laundry Room, I might have to make it disappear. I usually demand  credit when my daughter wears my creations and gets compliments, but I told my husband I don't want people knowing I made this. He swears won't tell anyone. It doesn't look too bad on the hanger and its nice slubby linen, but on him...It's just not right!! The shoulders are so droopy. I think it just looks goofy.

Goofy Shirt

 The weird thing is, I made him a shirt from this very same pattern before and I like it just fine. I guess a print covers up a world of sins. I think the first one was a bit longer, so the proportions are a bit better. Plus, I got this fabric when we were on our honeymoon in Aruba for about a dollar a yard.
Good Shirt

Should I try to fix it? I just don't know. The pattern is McCall's 2149. Its got a forward facing shoulder seam instead of a yoke and almost no ease in the sleeve vs. the scye, and its really super easy, but I think I'm going to be looking for another casual shirt pattern for next time.

Special thanks to Mr. James Mason.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how the same pattern can look soooo different with different fabric! Though, I do like the look of both shirts, the patterned fabric does seem to fall better. Off to have a peek around at your other creations....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so true. The print is a nice drapey crepe. I even made myself a dress out of it.

      Delete