Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Unfinished business

I am a monogamous sewer. I cannot have more than one project going at a time. It drives me crazy. I had cut out an extra t-shirt (Burda 3197) and a skirt when I had the patterns out a couple of weeks ago (which I usually never do), so I had to whip them up before I could move on with "The Smoking Jacket". Here's the t-shirt:
It reminds me, I've been thinking about painting my dining room.


Back to "The Smoking Jacket". Sometimes I just can't get started on a project, or I feel ambivalent about the outcome of a project after I start it and I get kind of stuck in the mud. That's how "The Smoking Jacket" is going right now. I have reservations about the fabric & I haven't purchased the contrast or lining yet either. The fabric's been hanging out on the cutting table for 3 days. We've been eyeing each other up. I should just take the scissors to it. I know I've just got to just get on with it because I can't do anything else until its out of the way, one way or the other, and I can move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment